When you find blood or hemoglobin (haemoglobin) during a urine test, further investigation is required to ascertain your true health status. Using a urine test is a quick and inexpensive way to check for blood in your urine, and is one of our test kit products that can be done in the privacy of your home.
Normal blood range in urine
Blood / hemoglobin (haemoglobin) measuring range
- blood 5 - 250 ery/ul
- hemoglobin (haemoglobin) 10 - 250 ery/ul
Blood cells / haemoglobin levels in urine
- Detections of blood cells or hemoglobin (haemoglobin) in urine as it is of pathological significance
Abnormal blood / hemoglobin (haemoglobin) values may indicative of
- Hematuria (haematuria) (blood in urine)
- kidney and bladder calculi
- damage to kidney or urinary tract
- Hemaglobinuria (haemaglobinuria) (hemoglobin in urine)
- breakdown of red blood cells
- myocardial infarct
- muscle damage
Further action required if low or high blood values are found in urine
Hemoglobin urine test strip
- An organic hydroperoxide oxidizes the indicator in the presence of hemoglobin and myoglobin.
- The result is a change from light yellow through a range of blue colors.
- A uniform blue color indicates the presence of myoglobin, hemoglobin and hemolized erythrocytes.
- Scattered or compacted blue spots indicates intact erythrocytes.
- To enhance accuracy, separate color scales are provided for hemoglobin and erythrocytes.
- Positive results with this test is often seen urine from menstruating females.
- It has been reported that urine of high specific gravity reduces sensitivity, while moderate to high levels of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) may inhibit color formation.
- Sensitivity: 5 - 10 erythrocytes/ul urine
- Active reagent: peroxide (8% w/w); o-tolidine (70% w/w).
How you benefit from our test strips
Our very affordable 10-in-1 test strips will check your urine for blood/hemoglobin, urobilinogen, glucose, ketones, protein, pH, nitrite, bilirubin, leucocytes as well as specific gravity. To view our test kit, and to purchase this very affordable test strips, please click here.
Each of these parameters are indicative of different health problems. For further information, please click the links below:
Our home test kits
|Urine test strips - testing for: |
:: Blood / Hemoglobin
:: Specific gravity
Breast Aware (breast examination pad)
Alcohol breathalyzer (disposable)
Ovulation tests (testing fertility periods or periods when you won't conceive)
|Malaria test kit - testing for:|
:: Plasmodium falciparum (Pf)
:: Plasmodium vivax (Pv)
:: Plasmodium ovale (Po)
:: Plasmodium malariae (Pm)
Prostate test (PSA test)
HIV test /Aids test (testing for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies)
Drug test (5-in-1 assay) testing for:
:: Cocaine (crack and cocaine derivatives)
:: THC (marijuana, weed, grass, hashish etc)
:: Amphetamines (speed, uppers, base)
:: Opiates (morphine, opium, heroin)
:: Methamphetamines (meth, ice, e, ecstasy)