When women wish to ascertain what their most fertile periods are and they are the most likely to conceive, our ovulation test kit is a valuable tool. To test for the time when fertility is at its peak is a way to improve the odds to fall pregnant.
To check for the time when you are ovulating is one of the most dependable and reliable ways to determine your most fertile period when you have the best chance to fall pregnant.
Our test checks for the surge of Luteinizing hormone (also referred to as Leutenizing) hormone in your urine (this surge is referred to as the LH surge), which indicates that the release of the ripe ovum (egg) will be released by the ovaries within the next 24 - 48 hours.
When using the tests correctly the results are reliable and planning can be done accordingly.
Certain physical conditions such as ovarian cysts or endocrine disorders may interfere with the interpretation of the test result.
The Ovulation Test will not work during pregnancy, after the onset of menopause or after a hCG injection.
Stored at room temperature the kit components are stable until the expiry date printed on the foil packages.
The test kit should be kept from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
Do not freeze the kit.
The Ovulation Test is designed to detect the surge in human Luteinizing hormone (LH) in urine to predict the time of ovulation, i.e. the time a mature ovum is released from the ovaries.
The release of an egg from the ovaries (ovulation) only occurs once during a menstrual cycle and timing of intercourse during ovulation may increase the chance of pregnancy.
Pregnancy is the result of fertilization of a mature egg with sperm.
First determine the length of your menstrual cycle.
This is the number of days from the first day of menstrual bleeding to the day before the next bleeding begins.
Please refer to the following chart to determine when to start testing. The first day of bleeding is day 1.
||Start to test on
||Start to test on
||Start to test on|
Note: If your cycle is shorter than 21 days or longer than 38 days, you should consult your doctor for advice.
Late afternoon urine is the best as it contains the highest concentration of LH.
- Do the test on 3 consecutive days at the same time each day or until your LH surge has been detected.
- If your LH surge has not occurred after the third test, it is recommended that you immediately purchase another 3 test kits and continue testing without skipping a day or until your LH surge has been detected.
- When you are ready to do the test, open the sealed pouch by cutting the end off with a pair of scissors. Remove the test device from the pouch.
- Hold the test device with one hand, use the other hand to pull off the cap and expose the absorbent tip.
- Pointing the absorbent tip downward, place the exposed tip in your urine stream for at least 5 seconds.
- Re-cap the device and wait for the color bands to appear.
- Depending on the concentration of LH, a positive result may be observed within 30 seconds. However, to ensure that a very low LH concentration is not missed, initial negative results should be left for at least 5 minutes before reading the result.
- Do not read the test result after more than 10 minutes as it may change or become unreliable.
If two color bands are visible, and the test band (T) is dark or darker than the control band (C), you will probably ovulate within the next 24-48 hours.
If the test band (T) is lighter than the control band (C), or not visible at all, your LH surge has not taken place yet.
No visible bands at all. This is an indication of procedure error and/or that test reagent deterioration has occurred. The test should be repeated with a new device.
US $ 26.00 for 3 tests
TO BUY FROM US:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex and
Diners credit cards.
- To select a product click the "ADD TO CART" button which will then add the item to your virtual shopping cart.
- You can then add more products, and when you are ready to finalize your order you can press any "GO TO CHECKOUT" button found on the website.
- This will take you to the shopping cart.
- When you are asked any private details you will automatically be on a 128-bit encrypted secure server.
- Should you need to have an item shipped to an address different to your billing address – please enter "Please deliver to…" in the "Special instructions/comments" box you will find on the shopping cart.
- Please note – if you are using your Visa, MasterCard, Amex of Diners Club credit card the billing detail will be "SALLAMANDER CONCEPTS". You can read more on internet shopping security, delivery times and our terms or go to the fax order page.
Our home test kits
|Urine test strips - testing for:|
:: Blood / Hemoglobin
:: Specific gravity
Breast Aware (breast examination pad)
Alcohol breathalyzer (disposable)
Ovulation tests (testing fertility periods or periods when you won't conceive)
|Malaria test kit - testing for:|
:: Plasmodium falciparum (Pf)
:: Plasmodium vivax (Pv)
:: Plasmodium ovale (Po)
:: Plasmodium malariae (Pm)
Prostate test (PSA test)
HIV test /Aids test (testing for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies)
Drug test (5-in-1 assay) testing for:
:: Cocaine (crack and cocaine derivatives)
:: THC (marijuana, weed, grass, hashish etc)
:: Amphetamines (speed, uppers, base)
:: Opiates (morphine, opium, heroin)
:: Methamphetamines (meth, ice, e, ecstasy)