Our malaria home test kit is used for the rapid initial detection and/or confirmation of malaria infection in the blood and test Plasmodium falciparum (Pf), vivax (Pv), ovale (Po) and malariae (Pm) antigen. We provide an easy and efficient way to check for malaria infection - a possible deadly health problem.
This malaria test has been listed by the World Health Organization [WHO] as an acceptable rapid screening test for the detection of Malaria, and
also carry the European Union Compliancy - yet since the test has not been evaluated by the USA FDA -
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN SOUTH AFRICA.
22 July 2010
- These test kits are accurate when used properly and as directed, and the relatively low cost makes it available to most people.
- The greatest error made by people using home testing kits, is that they do not follow the directions.
- When using a malaria home test kit ensure that you read the instructions carefully, and stick to such instructions.
- Since no test is infallible it is best to confirm test results by using a licensed medical testing facility.
- immediate results
Some of the symptoms will include:
- muscle pains
- abdominal pain
- loss of appetite
- slight jaundice
- other flu-like symptoms
Symptoms may first appear as early as 7 to 12 days or as late as 4 to 6 months after visiting an infected area.
Our malaria test kit is an immunochromatographic assay for the initial detection and/or confirmation of Plasmodium falciparum (Pf), vivax (Pv), ovale (Po) and malariae (Pm) antigen.
Infection usually occurs from 7 days after being bitten by an infected mosquito.
- Individually foil sealed device (cassette)
- Diluent (clearing fluid) in a plastic vial format
- Plastic blood collection pipette
- Alcohol swab
- Medlance for finger prick
- Instruction sheet.
- Stored at room temperature the test kit components are stable until expiry date printed on labels.
- The test kit should be kept from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Do not freeze the test kit.
Read the instructions before starting the procedure.
- Do not use beyond the expiration date, printed on the pouch.
- Do not open the foil until you are ready to use it.
- If you used the test kit and even it the results showed negative, and you have any symptoms of infection, immediately contact your health practitioner.
- Please note that symptoms may vary - so please check with your health practitioner if in doubt.
- Remove the cassette from it’s pouch, and place it on a flat surface.
- Cleanse the end of a finger with a sterile swab and dry it with a clean tissue.
- With a finger-pricking device carefully prick the end of a finger (at the side) squeezing gently to increase blood flow.
- Apply end of the capillary tube to the blood flow to draw blood into the tube. The blood will automatically flow into the glass capillary tube. Ensure that the glass capillary tube is filled.
- By holding the capillary tube in a vertical position immediately apply the blood from the capillary tube into the center of the cassette sample well by pressing the end of the tube onto the absorbent paper in the well.
- Allow up to 30 seconds for the specimen to be absorbed before adding the reagent.
- Add 5 drops (about 8 µl) of the reagent into the sample well.
- Results are read in 5 – 10 minutes for strong positives.
- Wait up to 15 minutes for weaker positives and to make sure negatives are confirmed.
- Do not read results after 15 minutes.
- If the membrane does not clear sufficiently after 2 minutes, one more drop of reagent may be added to the (sample) well of the cassette.
Applying blood and diluent
The test is negative if only the Control (C) line appears.
The test is invalid if the "control" line (marked "C") does not appear.
It would still be invalid even if a a test line (marked "T") appears and the test should be repeated using a new cassette.
The test is positive when 2 or 3 lines appear in the test window.
Control line (C) and the upper Test line (T) appears
Control line (C) and 2 test lines (T) appear
P.f. infection and an infection of either P.v., P.m. or P.o.
Control line (C) and the lower test line (T) appears
P.v., P.m. or a P.o. infection
for 2 individual tests - to allow for a second control test
TO BUY FROM US:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex and
Diners credit cards.
- To select a product click the "ADD TO CART" button which will then add the item to your virtual shopping cart.
- You can then add more products, and when you are ready to finalize your order you can press any "GO TO CHECKOUT" button found on the website.
- This will take you to the shopping cart.
- When you are asked any private details you will automatically be on a 128-bit encrypted secure server.
- Should you need to have an item shipped to an address different to your billing address – please enter "Please deliver to…" in the "Special instructions/comments" box you will find on the shopping cart.
- Please note – if you are using your Visa, MasterCard, Amex of Diners Club credit card the billing detail will be "SALLAMANDER CONCEPTS". You can read more on internet shopping security, delivery times and our terms or go to the fax order page.
Our home test kits
|Urine test strips - testing for:|
:: Blood / Hemoglobin
:: Specific gravity
Breast Aware (breast examination pad)
Alcohol breathalyzer (disposable)
Ovulation tests (testing fertility periods or periods when you won't conceive)
|Malaria test kit - testing for:|
:: Plasmodium falciparum (Pf)
:: Plasmodium vivax (Pv)
:: Plasmodium ovale (Po)
:: Plasmodium malariae (Pm)
Prostate test (PSA test)
HIV test /Aids test (testing for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies)
Drug test (5-in-1 assay) testing for:
:: Cocaine (crack and cocaine derivatives)
:: THC (marijuana, weed, grass, hashish etc)
:: Amphetamines (speed, uppers, base)
:: Opiates (morphine, opium, heroin)
:: Methamphetamines (meth, ice, e, ecstasy)